Saturday, February 11, 2012

Light the Night Awards Ceremony

In January, Tyler was honored at a Light the Night Awards Ceremony.  In true Tyler form, he had the entire audience laughing!  =)  The ceremony was emceed by Radio DJ Boxer with Mary McCuster from LLS handing out the awards on the left side of the stage.  As Boxer called Tyler's name, Tyler promptly walked on stage and stood beside Boxer.

"Hi Tyler" Boxer said. 
"Hi"
"Uhm.. So do you want to say something"
"Yes. Yes I do" Tyler replied
You see, Tyler didn't realize that he was supposed to go over the Mary for the award and I am too far off stage to re direct him.  He is a big 5 year old now and can now handle these things on his own. 
With confidence, Tyler grabs the mic and pauses for a moment.  Oh my, I thought!  What is he going to say... we never even discussed that he might say something.
He took a deep breath and said "Hi everyone.  I'm Tyler DeMille.  Have a Great night.... the light!"
He delivered the line perfectly!!!  The audience went hysterical!!!!  =) 
He handed the mic back to Boxer.  By that time, I had made my way to the stage and was able to point him in the right direction.